Resize form elemts base on screen size (Auto Fit)

Creating and using forms
martinrm

Resize form elemts base on screen size (Auto Fit)

Post by martinrm »

Question: How do i make the form elements fit the screen size of the users computer.

Background: I'm designing a forum with many fields, text box's, check boxs, combo box's ect. . . However after desiging it on my computer which is a much higher resolution i opened my forum on another computer of much lower resolution and all my form elements were out of place. Ideally i would like everything to be scaled to fit the page of the people who is using the database. I'm desiging the form in webview so it can eventually be accessed through an address online (If thats even possible).

Extended questions that i need help with:
1) I would like to set up a server so people could access my form and enter in information to add to the database. How if possible would i do this? Not asking for a who;e tutorial, just some information that i can use to start to look up elsewhere on the forums.

2) Using a button on a forum to open up another forum (In a new window) in my OO.o Database. I.e In my attached picture i would like to have a button that "View contracts" That opens ups a table of all the contracts i have created so its easier to see as a list.
OpenOffice 4 Base
TrevorT

Re: Resize form elemts base on screen size (Auto Fit)

Post by TrevorT »

I have just seen this post, so my apologies if I am too late with this reply.
I believe that I have achieved what you want to do with with your resizing problem. If you haven't solved it yet, I can post the code that I used (AOO Basic). I use it on Macs with various screen sizes, and it also works on an iMac running Windows XP under VMWare.
For extended question 2, I have a process that I use to hop around through 8 forms that may be of some help to you if you haven't got it to work yet. It involves a fair bit of code the way I chose to do it.
There is a fair bit of work involved in editing the code for these two things - hence I haven't posted it now. I would be happy to put the effort into it if it will be useful to you.
OpenOffice 4.1.1 on Mac OSX 10.10 and WindowsXP
Arineckaig
Volunteer

Post by Arineckaig »

Ideally i would like everything to be scaled to fit the page of the people who is using the database.
The Base form document is essentially a modified type of Writer document. Any Writer document can be readily re-sized by right clicking the icon at the right hand end of its status bar and selecting from the drop down list: e.g. "Page width"
When this issue has been resolved, it would help other users of the forum if you add the word - [Solved] - to the Subject line of your 1st post (edit button top right).
AOOo 4.1.5 & LO 6 on MS Windows 10 MySQL and HSQLDB
TrevorT

Post by TrevorT »

Arineckaig wrote:
Ideally i would like everything to be scaled to fit the page of the people who is using the database.
The Base form document is essentially a modified type of Writer document. Any Writer document can be readily re-sized by right clicking the icon at the right hand end of its status bar and selecting from the drop down list: e.g. "Page width"
I understood from martinrm's question that the need was to do the resizing automatically without needing the user to manually adjust the document to fit the user's particular screen size.
TrevorT

Post by TrevorT »

This is the basic that I used to do the resizing that martinrm seemed to be looking for.
ResizeFormExample.txt
(8.46 KiB) Downloaded 665 times