OO Base 3.0 Base will not allow forms

Creating and using forms
ray_miami

OO Base 3.0 Base will not allow forms

Post by ray_miami »

Okay so I am not a pro with MS Access muchless OO Base, however, the option to create a form from a wizard or creating one in design view are greyed out. Additionally, after downloading a tutorial database file that contained forms, I was unable to open the forms to view, edit, or input data. I am on OO 3.0.0 with MS Windows XP Home. I also have MS Office installed on the same system. Have you expierenced this? Are there any updates that will fix this problem?

-Ray-
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: OO Base 3.0 Base will not allow forms

Post by Villeroy »

Install the whole office suite and some fairly recent Java runtime. Installing this office suite, you may leave aside Base if you are shure that you never use serial letters, business cards nor need bibliographies. The Base component is completely useless when you try to install it without the office. Base is a frontend to other databases. As such it import database records into Writer documents and spreadsheets. Forms and Reports are nothing but Writer documents embedded in the database (which is nothing but a zip-archive, btw).
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Safway
Volunteer

Re: OO Base 3.0 Base will not allow forms

Post by Safway »

ray_miami, maybe you installed Base without the other components of OpenOffice.org because MS Office is also installed and you didn't want OO.o to mess with MS Office. Well, OO.o can coincide peacefully with MS Office on the same computer. One word of caution, however, is when you install OO.o, make sure you don't associate MS Office files with OO.o programs (if that is how you want your computer to run). During the install process of freedom- and choice-providing OO.o you are provided with this option.
If someone posts a fix for your question, then please post a quick thank you and then go to your first post, use the edit button to add [Solved] as the first word of the title so other people can rely on the fix as well.
LibreOffice 3.3.3 on Fedora