Format labels in a table control

Creating and using forms
vikasrawal

Format labels in a table control

Post by vikasrawal »

Is it possible to format labels in a table control. In particular, I would like my labels to wrap across multiple rows when they do not fit in the column width. Is it possible?

VR
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Re: Format labels in a table control

Post by DrewJensen »

That is not supported in a table grid control, nor in the data view window.
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04
vikasrawal

Post by vikasrawal »

Do you know if this feature is planned in next release? Where does one file a request?

VR
DrewJensen
Volunteer

Post by DrewJensen »

I can tell you that it is not planned, at least not for 2.4. I doubt it is for 3.0 either.

You can enter a Request for Enhancement at the main site OpenOffice.org. You need to have a logon account, just register. Once you do that you will have a menu item 'My Pages' on the left side of that page you will see a link for New Issue - Simply enter an issue of type 'Enhancement' or 'Feature' in this case I would call it a feature request.

Also, you may not be aware that you can set the height of rows in the table grid control and make it permanent, then set wrap text on. Depending on the amount of text you have that might be a solution for you - at least better for the moment.

To do that you simply open your form in Edit mode, on the toolbar 'Form Design' or 'Form Controls' you have a button 'Design Mode On/Off' switch it off - this loads the grid with data. Now size your rows to the height you want and save the form. ( do not swtich design mode on again before you save it ) This new size will be the default for that grid.
Former member of The Document Foundation
Former member of Apache OpenOffice PMC
LibreOffice on Ubuntu 18.04