Problem with date dropdown control using kde (archlinux)

Creating and using forms
jamesq

Problem with date dropdown control using kde (archlinux)

Post by jamesq »

The problem occurs in a form field where I have a date field with a dropdown control. When I click the down arrow it takes a while for the drop down to appear and then it takes focus away from all other fields. I am unable to click any other fields in the form. I can close the form and when I reopen I am able to enter other fields, as long as I dont hit the down arrow. I don't notice any other issues with the date field without the dropdown control (scroll seems to work fine). I am using KDE archlinux (endeavourOS). I installed xfce desktop and there was no problem encountered with the date dropdown. This is why I am thinking it could be related to KDE. I have searched for issues and fixes but can't seem to get anything except that there is was an issue with kde qt environment.

I would be grateful for any pointers.
Openoffice 4.1.7 on linux / Openoffice 4.1.7 on Win 10 / Libreoffice 6.3.4.2.0+ on linux
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: problem with date dropdown control using kde (archlinux

Post by Villeroy »

KDE has tons of configuration options. If I remember corretly, you can choose between different sets of widgets, different styles of user interface elements.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
gjd

Re: Problem with date dropdown control using kde (archlinux

Post by gjd »

I do have the same problem with LO version 6.4.6.2 under KDE. This problem did not exist in older versions of LO.
Did you get any answers that solved this problem?
LibreOffice 6.4.6.2, OpenSuse Leap 15.1, KDE 5.12.8
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Can you switch between Wayland and the classical X display server? Try if this makes a difference.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
gjd

Post by gjd »

Switching to Wayland did not solve the problem. I tested LO 6.4.6.2 in a virtual machine with OpenSuse Leap 15.1. I learned that Wayland still has problems in version 15.1, so this is perhaps not the way to go.
LO version 6.1 was working perfectly until a few months ago. At that time LO was complaining about a missing of wrong version of java. LO 6.4 now uses java-11-openjdk. I also tried java-10, but this did not work either.
LibreOffice 6.4.6.2, OpenSuse Leap 15.1, KDE 5.12.8
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Your distribution takes care of the right versions of software. Just install Java and LibreOffice from the repository and everything should be fine. Nevertheless, the form controls should not depend on Java. Any non-Java database and input forms work without any Java being installed.