[Solved] Inventory and item tracker

Creating and using forms
Ozwallt

[Solved] Inventory and item tracker

Post by Ozwallt »

Hi
Very new to the database world so please forgive my absolute ignorance on the issue. All help is greatly appreciated!
I'm creating a form to track items that will be booked
out /returned by individuals and have hit a few stumbling blocks which I'm sure are pretty basic.
1. I've created a list box which lists the Item ID numbers and I need that to populate the next 5 fields with the data in the table. At the moment it merely alters the list box so I need to link the other fields somehow.

2. I need to keep a record of items booked in/out and (when) for auditing.

Does anyone know of any templates that would work or offer any tips please?
Ta
Last edited by RoryOF on Tue Feb 25, 2020 9:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Added green tick [RoryOF, Moderator]
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Inventory and item tracker

Post by Villeroy »

Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Ozwallt

Re: Inventory and item tracker

Post by Ozwallt »

Thanks!
Open office 4, windows 10.
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] Inventory and item tracker

Post by Villeroy »

You're welcome.
The articles are stored with a name and an automatic ID (a unique "row number" which serves as a primary key).
Both tables "Input" and "Output" have an automatic date-time stamp, another automatic ID and an article ID which refers to the ID in table "Articles" (see menu:Tools>Relationships) which means that you can not enter any article ID in the Input/Output table before the ID exist in the articles table (this is called "referencial integrity").
The "Input" form writes new records only to the "Input" table. The form is set up to write new records only.
The "Output" form writes new records only to the "Output" table.
The queries perform the calculations and the merging of the different tables. "qInventory" is made from "qInput" and "qOutput".
The "Edit" form shows the in/out history for each selected article plus the calculated balance made from "qInventory".
All the listboxes in the forms store an article ID in the In/Ouput table by letting you choose one article from the dropdown. It is not the article name that is stored. What you store is a reference number according to what you see in the relations window (Tools>Relations...).
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice