[Solved] Help with standalone forms

Creating and using forms
jamesq

[Solved] Help with standalone forms

Post by jamesq »

Been going thru DACH's tutorial on Standalone Forms. I can save the forms as files and link push buttons to other forms and it works including the content of the tables. However, I can't get how to link push buttons to tables or queries. Whenever I use design mode in the odt file, the form properties pops up and when I hit Data option I can see the content type and content. When I choose content and save, then turn off design mode, nothing happens when I hit the button.

A thing that looks odd to me is in the Navigation box some push buttons are on a separate Form while other are under one label Form. The buttons on the separate Form all link and work fine, but non work on the button under the one form and in the property box on these buttons I choose linked to different content (queries) and save all the button are linked to the first content I chose. And it did not work.

I have set up a split database and seems to work fine. I am hoping in future to maybe get it working in a small local network and I am thinking maybe this approach (standalone) might be most beneficial to security. What would your thoughts be?

Appreciate any help
Last edited by jamesq on Fri Feb 07, 2020 4:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Openoffice 4.1.7 on linux / Openoffice 4.1.7 on Win 10 / Libreoffice 6.3.4.2.0+ on linux
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Help with standalone forms

Post by Villeroy »

Create stand-alone forms for the queries and tables that you want to access directly.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
jamesq

Post by jamesq »

Thanks Villeroy. Will mark as solved. One step closer
Openoffice 4.1.7 on linux / Openoffice 4.1.7 on Win 10 / Libreoffice 6.3.4.2.0+ on linux
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Just in case: Stand-alone reports can be implemented as spreadsheets. Calc supports linked database ranges and pivot tables pulling data from databases. A macro driven Writer template filling a text table: [Writer] Stand-Alone Database Reports
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice