Cursor is off page

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
nanasandelson

Cursor is off page

Post by nanasandelson »

Running Windows 10.
I haven't used Open Office for some time and opened Writer to write a letter. I found that the cursor ran off the page on the left hand side each time it started a new line. The top triangle to move the first line/paragraph had also disappeared. Thinking the program might have been corrupted, I downloaded the up to date version (4.1.7) and re-installed. I also did some general housework on the computer and did a restart. The problem remained.
If I try to type with the cursor off the page, no words appear. I can use tab to move the cursor onto the page and continue typing, but this is very cumbersome. I can't think of anything else to do. Any ideas anyone?
OpenOffice 4.1.7
Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: cursor is off page

Post by RoryOF »

Try opening a Writer file, then double clicking in the top bar (the title bar) of the Writer window. That should size the window to the screen. I think what is wrong is that the OO Windows is set to display on a larger screen than you actually have. My suggestion should fix that.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS