Drawings in Endnotes

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
Horse

Drawings in Endnotes

Post by Horse »

I would like to put a drawing in and endnote and cannot find a way to make the text wrap around it automatically. I think I've tried all the Wrap and Anchor options. Nothing worked. I also tried moving the drawing to the background, but nothing changed--the picture still blocked text. Also tried putting a box in the note, but the box creation options are grayed-out, so I couldn't do that. The only way I could make the text readable was to format the one paragraph of that note to leave room for the drawing. Seems very inelegant. Is there a "correct" way to put a picture in an endnote?
Lee Higbie
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Win 10
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Drawings in Endnotes

Post by Zizi64 »

I would like to put a drawing in and endnote and cannot find a way to make the text wrap around it automatically. I think I've tried all the Wrap and Anchor options. Nothing worked. I also tried moving the drawing to the background, but nothing changed--the picture still blocked text. Also tried putting a box in the note, but the box creation options are grayed-out, so I couldn't do that. The only way I could make the text readable was to format the one paragraph of that note to leave room for the drawing. Seems very inelegant. Is there a "correct" way to put a picture in an endnote?

Please upload an ODF type sample file here.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Horse

Re: Drawings in Endnotes

Post by Horse »

Attached is a short .odt text file that shows the problem and a .png image that includes two screenshots of the result I see. [I have Apache OO 4.1.5 running on a Windows 10 system.]
Attachments
Two screenshots of result.
Two screenshots of result.
PicInEndnoteEx.odt
Text example that illustrates the problem.
(15.85 KiB) Downloaded 233 times
Lee Higbie
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 on Win 10