Printing multipage documents

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
PLRoss

Printing multipage documents

Post by PLRoss »

I created a document that is 3 pages long. When I try to print it completely (ie multipage format) It goes through the motions and I can see it formatted at 33% per page but when it completes nothing is entered into the windows print queue. I can print the document fine if I print only 1 page at a time. I can also print from other applications in multipage format fine.
I am using OpenOffice Writer 4.1.2 on windows 10.
Thank you.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on Windows 10
RoryOF

Re: Printing multipage documents

Post by RoryOF »

I can't say why this may be happening, but to try for a workaround, in place of printing "All" print "Selection 1-3".

What printer? How connected?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
PLRoss

Post by PLRoss »

That is what I did to get the document printed.
My printer is a HP PHotosmart C6250, connected via a USB port.
Thanks
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

When there are printing problems in OpenOffice it sometimes helps to un-install and reinstall the printer. Also worth checking for the manufacturer having updated printer drivers.
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

Have you installed the Win10-compatible driver from HP? If using the in-OS driver (just plugged the printer in and installed, no CDs or downloads installed), have you gotten a Windows update after installing the printer?

HP recommends using their own driver rather than the one supplied with Windows 10 (i.e. "in-OS"). To get the newest version (version supplied with printer may be old, perhaps not optimal for Win10):
  • Open this link.
  • Find the Photosmart section and click the + on the right to expand it.
  • Use the browser's text search function (usually ctrl+F) to locate "C6250".
  • Find the link to download the HP driver (there is some other info which may also be useful).
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
PLRoss

Post by PLRoss »

I downloaded and installed the latest driver from the HP web site when I installed Windows 10. All other applications work just fine on the printer including multipage documents.
It's only when I try to print a multipage document in open Office. I can print the same document if I print it one page at a time.
Thanks.
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

What happens if you enter "1-3" in the "Selection" box? Does that print pages 1 to 3 ?

Is the printer set (/File /Print : Properties button) to use the correct paper tray?
PLRoss

Post by PLRoss »

If I enter 1 - 3 in the election box it does print normally. Also this morning it printed as OK all pages.
Thanks for your effort. I will just watch it and if I have anymore problems I will re-post this subject.