Advanced Functions available in Writer tables and Fields?

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
GreatGrizzly

Advanced Functions available in Writer tables and Fields?

Post by GreatGrizzly »

Hello Everyone!

I am currently making a template lease for use with my rental properties. I want to be able to enter a Move In date and the number of months the future tenant wants, and I want the document to automatically calculate how much is owed for the entirety of the lease as well as an end date that is rounded down to the first of the month. I also want the ability to put in the Tenants DOB, and automatically calculate their age.

I have a table that is imbedded in my template, but it doesn't seem like calc functions such as NOW(), YEARS() and FLOOR() are available inside the table.

Can anyone clarify? Are the advanced functions in calc available inside a table in writer? If so, can these ALSO be used in fields in writer? I would like to not have to use tables if I can avoid it, I would also not want to link to external sources (SQL,Calc) either.
OpenOffice 4.1.2 on OSX 10.9
floris v
Volunteer

Re: Advanced Functions available in Writer tables and Fields

Post by floris v »

Correct. Writer tables use a very limited subset of the math functions that are available in Calc. See https://help.libreoffice.org/Writer/Formula for a list of them in Libre, it should be the same as for AOO Writer. I don't know why the developers did that - or why the writers of the Open Document Format opted for that limited subset, if that's the reason.
OpenOffice 4.1.11 on Ubuntu; LibreOffice 6.4 on Linux Mint, LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Ubuntu
If your problem has been solved or your question has been answered, please edit the first post in this thread and add [Solved] to the title bar.
Nederlandstalig forum