Changing multiple page styles simultaneously?

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
Baylink

Changing multiple page styles simultaneously?

Post by Baylink »

I see that I can delete a page style from the Styles palette, and it will be converted to Default on any pages which use it.

Alas, I don't seem to be able to multiple-select in that rollup (RFE: that's a bug), and I have a document where each page is styled Converted2, Converted4, Converted6, etc, *all the way through a 195 page document*. Hopefully it's obvious why I don't want to manually delete each of those.

Is there a better way to force all pages of the document to Default, so I can manually restart my styling work?
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.1 on OS/X 10.10.0
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Changing multiple page styles simultaneously?

Post by Zizi64 »

where each page is styled Converted2, Converted4, Converted6, etc, *all the way through a 195 page document*.
Is it a 'MS Office monster'? :-)

I think: there is no other way... You must push the Delete key 195 times.
And always work in the standardized, native ODF formats.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Hagar Delest

Re: Changing multiple page styles simultaneously?

Post by Hagar Delest »

Or use this macro: Delete custom styles.

To install, just select the whole code and paste it in a new module. See also: Tutorial: How to install a code snippet.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the edit button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10