Collapse Button

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
daniel76421

Collapse Button

Post by daniel76421 »

Hi All,

I have recently published a kindle book using Amazon Createspace using OpenOffice V.4.1.0. Some of the text in the title page is out of alignment and on contact with Amazon they have told me the following;

"Thanks for reaching out to KDP Support. I'm glad to assist you with your concern.

I checked the latest content file that you have uploaded for your title in DOC format and found that, you have inserted a collapse button in front of the "Dedication" heading which is what is causing this issue. Please know that, currently we do not support any of the advanced formatting.

Therefore, please remove the collapse button and upload the revised content for your title."

Could anyone shed any light on a solution to this please? Thanks in advance.

Kind regards.

Daniel. :alarm:
OpenOffice 4.1.0 Windows 7 Professional.
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Collapse Button

Post by Bill »

Are you using a template create the document? I'm not familiar with the term "collapse button" in AOO.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
daniel76421

Post by daniel76421 »

Yes, i am using Amazon createspace template - could it be that i need to remove the formatting from the template?
OpenOffice 4.1.0 Windows 7 Professional.
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Sorry, I have no idea how to fix this. Google doesn't return anything about a "collapse button" in OpenOffice. I have no clue as to what it is or how it got there. There is a button on the Sidebar that opens and closes the Sidebar, but that has nothing to do with the document text. Did you use the Insert menu in Writer to insert something?
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

Did you use MS Office to create this document? Apparently there is a way to insert a button in MS Office to expand and collapse text. AFAIK, this has never been a feature in AOO Writer.