[Solved] Tab spaces keep moving over

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
robinp

(SOLVED) Re: Tab spaces keep moving over.

Post by robinp »

Hi guys,
Well I have completed that section, & it looks just fine. I transferred the next section over from MS .wps where the default tabs were set at 1.60cm, (rather than 0.50cm). After setting the custom tabs for the whole section, & even though I had to adjust every line, it was much easier than the previous section. It's looking just fine & I thank you all again. I have said that it is solved.
robinp
OpenOffice 3.3
Installed on MS Windows XP
Bill
Volunteer

Re: (SOLVED) Re: Tab spaces keep moving over.

Post by Bill »

robinp wrote:Hi guys,
Well I have completed that section, & it looks just fine. I transferred the next section over from MS .wps where the default tabs were set at 1.60cm, (rather than 0.50cm). After setting the custom tabs for the whole section, & even though I had to adjust every line, it was much easier than the previous section. It's looking just fine & I thank you all again. I have said that it is solved.
robinp
You shouldn't have to set custom tab stops or adjust any lines in new sections. The tab stops and other paragraph attributes should be defined in the paragraph style which is applied to the lines. Once you've created your paragraph style, all you should have to do is select the new section, remove any direct formating, apply the paragraph style then use Find & Replace to replace multiple tabs with single tabs. Ive converted hundreds of TXT documents to DOC/ODT like this. No adjustment is ever required for any line.
Kingfisher1

Re: [Solved] Tab spaces keep moving over

Post by Kingfisher1 »

ACKNAK - Thank you for your many helpful hints that I have found in various answers of yours on using tabs correctly and on the use of columns in columns.
OenOffice 4.0.1 on Windows 7 Home Premium