Form/XForm XHTML export

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
aflinton

Form/XForm XHTML export

Post by aflinton »

Dear All,

I am using the OO 2.4.0 on Windows and I am looking for something which would allow my users to create XForms easily and in a WYSIWYG way. The OO XForm creator is superb and looks like being the tool for us. However.....

If you create a form/XForm in the writer and then chose File/Export and then choose the file format of xhtml the output file is devoid of all content e.g. the body is simply:

<body dir="ltr"><p class="P2" /></body>

Which is none too useful.....

I have logged a bug report :

http://qa.openoffice.org/issues/show_bug.cgi?id=87731

However I have 3 questions:

A) Is there a quick fix (e.g. if it's just an XSLT error, where is the XSLT for OO XForm > XHTML XForm to be found etc so I can try & fix it myself)?

B) Were this to work would the XHTML be a "proper" XForm i.e. using the std XForm GUI controls rather than the OO form controls ( e.g. using xforms:input , xforms:output , xforms:textarea , xforms:select1 etc.etc )?

C) If not does anyone have or know of an XSLT which can be used as per:

http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... =45&t=3490

to allow me to give the users a 1 click export to an XHTML file (or even a "Naked" XForm i.e. just the XForm structures which I can then process into XHTML)?

TIA

Adam
r4zoli
Volunteer

Re: Form/XForm XHTML export

Post by r4zoli »

I have limited knowledge on XForms and XHTML, I made earlier search and found very little about OOo XForms feature.

XForms in OOo not for creating XForm on web page. It for creating a standalone document which is submit Form contains to server, see OOo Writer Form/XForm documentation on OOo wiki.
It is shows that low information about it.
I know the developers not working on it. It is on stage implemented,but no touched from that time, no developers resources for XForm.

Any useful information I find one a blog post,which is pretty old, another in same age, and one document with example.
AOO 4.0 and LibO 4 on Win 8
Hungarian forum co-admin