[Solved] Spell checker flags all words with Java 6_21

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
dhampikian

[Solved] Spell checker flags all words with Java 6_21

Post by dhampikian »

I have found that spell checker in OpenOffice 3.2.1 flags all wors if you are using Java 6 update 21. The problem was solved by rolling back to Java 6 update 20.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Jan 12, 2014 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
openoffice 3.2.1 windows xp pro sp3 + all updates
RoryOF

Re: spell checker flags all words

Post by RoryOF »

OK in OOo 3.3 m9, using UK English and Java 6 update 21.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
aristotelian

Re: [Solved] Spell checker flags all words with Java 6_21

Post by aristotelian »

That's not an acceptable solution. I should be able to use the latest version of Java. OppenOffice is not the only program I use.
OpenOffice 3.1 on Windows 7
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

You are replying to a 5 year old thread. Update your version of AOO to the latest version
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

aristotelian wrote:That's not an acceptable solution. I should be able to use the latest version of Java. OppenOffice is not the only program I use.
There is nothing wrong with installing as many versions of Java as required to run all your applications. We have a business application which requires a certain version of Java 6 while the "normal" Java is 8.25 at the time of this writing. Simply use any version of Java. For OpenOffice on Windows it has to be a 32-bit version.

This whole topic is obsolete anyway since the spell checker does not depend on Java at all. Even without a single byte of Java installed on your machine, the spell checker should work flawlessly. If not, reset the user profile.
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice