[Solved] How do I populate my mailing labels?

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
RonCram

[Solved] How do I populate my mailing labels?

Post by RonCram »

Welcome beginner. Please answer all of the questions below which may provide information necessary to answer your question.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Which version of OpenOffice.org are you using?
What Operating System (version) are you using?
What is your question or comment?

I am using Open Office 2.3.1 and WindowsXP

How do I populate my mailing labels? I have done this before but do not really understand how this works yet. I have a registered database and I can see my data. I have the mailing labels formatted and pointed at the registered database. When I go to print the mailing labels, I have a page of label fields <First Name>, <Last Name> like that... How do I get the data to actually populate the mailing label fields?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved and moved it to the right forum.
kabing
Volunteer

Re: How do I populate my mailing labels?

Post by kabing »

Try taking a look at this article by Solveig Haugalnd. If you don't see the dialog shown under step, 2, be sure to post back, as this will need to be fixed.

kabing
NeoOffice (app store version) OpenOffice.org 4.1 and LibreOffice 4.3 on Mac OS X El Capitan
OpenOffice.org 4.1.2 on Windows 10 (Previously on Vista)
RonCram

Re: How do I populate my mailing labels?

Post by RonCram »

Thank you. Very good article. This problem is resolved, but now I have another question which I will ask in a different post.