save file bug

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
ilfreddy

save file bug

Post by ilfreddy »

I was using openoffice 2.3 on winxp. while writing a document, I modified the save option changing the text document option from opendocument to word 97/2000/xp. I continued writing and finally saved my document.
when i tried to reopen the document previously saved, I found the document damaged. Is this a bug?

I attach the damaged document

enrico frediani
Attachments
Assegnazione nuovi PC.doc
(40 KiB) Downloaded 220 times
Hagar Delest

Re: save file bug

Post by Hagar Delest »

It seems there has been a problem during save operation, the file is indeed corrupted. Do you remember any special event when you saved it?
That's the problem with closed formats (.doc): once it's damaged, few chances to recover anything. You may find on the web applications to recover such file perhaps.

NB: if the Create a backup copy option was checked in your general settings, you may find a backup file in your OOo user profile, /backup folder (see Tools>Options>OOo>Paths to know where it is).

Good luck.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
ilfreddy

Post by ilfreddy »

I think that the problem was that I changed the default save setting with the document open
foxcole
Volunteer

Post by foxcole »

ilfreddy wrote:I think that the problem was that I changed the default save setting with the document open
That wouldn't affect the save. Were any other processes running that you're aware of? Did you save the file to the hard drive or to some other storage location? What antivirus are you running?
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit