[Solved] Right aligned text when insterted in master doc

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
chooks

[Solved] Right aligned text when insterted in master doc

Post by chooks »

Hello,

When I include a file with my content (text+links to pictures) into a master document, the contents of the file are right paginated in the master document. I have used this particular master document in various forms to include content and this has never really been an issue for me. However, for some reason (that I must have changed somewhere...) now when I include the content (which is left/center paginated when I work on the file directly) it all gets right paginated. When I use a blank master document, things are working fine, but I can't really switch my main master document template that is malfunctioning as it has a bunch of styles/formatting that I need. I have looked at the document with the symbols on, and I can't see anything that would indicate why it is right paginating. I have tried searching around on google but have not had any luck finding an answer. When I go back to other copies of the documents using the same master document that worked before and 'update all links', then the text which used to be ok gets...right paginated.

I must have tweaked some kindof template setting or something, but I am not sure where to look. Any help or pointers would be appreciated. Thanks.

- Chooks
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Jun 10, 2008 11:42 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: tagged the thread as Solved and modified the title.
foxcole
Volunteer

Re: Including document into master document right paginates

Post by foxcole »

When you say "paginating" are you talking about aligning? Pagination means arranging the content into pages, or refers to the sequence number on each page. But you mentioned "left/center paginated" so it seems to me you might actually be talking about alignment.

Check the paragraph style definition in the master document. Are you familiar with the Styles and Formatting pane (also known as the Stylist)? Click in a paragraph in the master, right-click on the highlighted paragraph style in the Stylist and click the Alignment tab. Is it set to right aligned? If so, select the alignment you need, then go to the Organizer tab and make sure the AutoUpdate box is ticked before you click OK.
Cheers!
---Fox

OOo 3.2.0 Portable, Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
chooks

Re: Including doc into master document right paginates [Fixed]

Post by chooks »

Foxcole,

Thanks for your reply. Yes - I did in fact mean right alignment -- sorry about that.

At any rate -- it was an excellent suggestion and fixed the issue. I was using the alignment icon in the toolbar to see what the alignment was. I did not think to check what the style alignment was telling it to do. I thank you, and more importantly, my ~400 pages of pathology notes thanks you.

Regards,

- Chooks