Quick Start locks mailmerge text.

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
tlively

Quick Start locks mailmerge text.

Post by tlively »

I use swriter's mailmerge function to create contracts from information that comes out of my accounting program. Unfortunately if quickstart (or of course swriter) is running the mailmerge text from the last customer can not be replaced by the new customer's mailmerge text. There seems to be no intuitive reason for quickstart to be holding this file lock. Is it a programing necessity? The workaround, of course, is to not run quickstart. It just takes longer than really necessary to print my contracts that way.

Tom
acknak

Re: Quick Start locks mailmerge text.

Post by acknak »

Have you read the Forum Survival Guide?

There are no developers here who could answer your question. The official project mailing lists are the best place to get a developer's comment.

What kind of data source are you using to store the data? Different stores have different limitations; perhaps a different one would work with the quickstarter.

The most constructive thing to do would be to file a bug report. If you want to do that, I would suggest putting together some easy way for others to test the problem: either a sample document & database, or a detailed recipe, or both. If the problem can be reproduced on other systems, then file a bug report, along with your sample.

Open Office Quality Assurance - Report Bugs
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23