[Solved] Alphabetical Index

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
Antje2000

[Solved] Alphabetical Index

Post by Antje2000 »

Edit: This is an English-speaking forum. Please either post only in English, or use the German forum, which I believe is the de.openoffice.info link on this page. -- MrProgrammer, forum moderator
Apache OpenOffice: Foren und Newsgroups 
Hallo miteinander,
nach irgendeiner Speicherung hat es irgendwie mein Stichwortverzeichnis zerschossen. Ich habe schon alles nachgeschaut in den Formaten, ob es daran liegt, dass die Stichworte zwei Zeilen Tab Füllung haben und auch die Seitenzahlen verschluckt werden. Ich kann den Fehler nicht finden. Hat einer eine Idee?

Danke schon mal!
Attachments
Stichwortverzeichnis
Stichwortverzeichnis
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged solved
OpenOffice-Version 6.4 unter Windows10
keme
Volunteer

Re: Stichwortverzeichnis

Post by keme »

Möglicherweise die Ursache:
Wenn Ansicht - Web-layout ausgewählt ist, Seitenzahlen sind unerheblich.

Lösung:
Ansicht - Drucklayout
-----------------------------------
Possible cause:
If View - Web layout is selected, pagination is irrelevant.

Solution:
View - Normal
Antje2000

Post by Antje2000 »

Herzlichen Dank für die schnelle Antwort. Leider macht es keinen Unterschied. Bei meinem Inhaltsverzeichnis ist auch alles in Ordnung. Nur das Stichwortverzeichnis hat einen Bug. Die Zeilen laufen ja auch über die Seite bzw. Spalte hinaus. Irgendwo im Hintergrund wird die Seitenzahl sein. Aber, dadurch, dass die Stichworte schon über zwei Zeilen laufen, ist zu sehen, da stimmt etwas mit dem Format nicht. In der Formatierung kann ich aber keinen Fehler finden.

[Automatic translation]
Thank you very much for the quick response. Unfortunately it makes no difference. With my table of contents everything is also in order. Only the index has a bug. The lines run beyond the page or column. Somewhere in the background will be the page number. But, because the keywords already run over two lines, you can see that there is something wrong with the format. But I can't find any mistake in the formatting.
Attachments
inhaltsverzeichnis.JPG
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

If you wish your Table of Contents to be viewed in two column format, you should generate the Table in a two column area - either a complete page in two columns or a section in two columns using the column definition option of the Table/Index insertion method, rather than later change the area in which the table of Contents is situated to two columns.

The same will apply to an Index.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Can you upload a copy of the document instead of a picture?
How to mask confidential content ...
---------------------
Kannst Du eine Kopie des Dokuments hochladen anstelle einer Abbildung davon?
So kannst Du jeglichen Inhalt maskieren, indem Du alle Buchstaben durch X ersetzt.
Bearbeiten: Suchen&Ersetzen...
[Mehr Optionen]
Reguläre Ausdrücke = An
Suchen: [:alpha:]
Ersetzen: X
[Alles ersetzen]
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
Antje2000

Post by Antje2000 »

Danke für die Antwort.
Nein, ich möchte das Inhaltsverzeichnis nicht in zwei Spalten anlegen. Das habe ich ja beim Stichwortverzeichnis gemacht. Ich weiß also, wie es geht. Das war auch nicht meine Frage, sondern, warum im Stichwortverzeichnis (2 Spalten) die Seitenzahlen nicht zu sehen sind und die Zeilen überlaufen.
Ich habe das Bild von dem Inhaltsverzeichnis nur zusätzlich dazu gestellt, um den Vergleich zu zeigen zum Stichwortverzeichnis. Inhaltsverzeichnis geht. Stichwortverzeichnis hat einen Fehler.

[Automatic translation]
Thank you for the answer.
No, I do not want to create the table of contents in two columns. That's what I did with the index. So I know how to do it. That wasn't my question either, but why in the index (2 columns) the page numbers are not visible and the lines overflow.
I only added the picture of the table of contents to show the comparison with the index. Table of Contents. Keyword index has an error.
RoryOF wrote:If you wish your Table of Contents to be viewed in two column format, you should generate the Tablein a two column area - either a complete page in two columns or a section in two columns using the column definition option of the Table/Index insertion method, rather than later change the area in which the table of Contents is situated to two columns.

The same will apply to an Index.
Last edited by RoryOF on Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Automatic translation added [RoryOF, Moderator]
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

My point is that one must generate an Index (or a Table of Content)in a page or area where the columns are already defined, using the option in the dialog to insert columns and it should be formatted to fit the space available.

If the Index (or Table of Contents) is generated on a full size page, and that page later converted to columns, the index is wrapped to fit the columns, but with problems as you have shown. So generate your Index using the columns option on the generation dialog.

Also, work and Save in .odt format.
 Edit: Corrected to clarify how to generate an index using columns. My memory was incorrect in earlier posting. 
 Edit: It may also be that in your Index generation dialog you have too many tabs entered - remove these if so, 
Attachments
Sample_Index.odt
(12.64 KiB) Downloaded 345 times
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
Antje2000

Post by Antje2000 »

Herzlichen Dank für deine Mühe, Villeroy!
Anbei die Datei. ich habe schon mal eine Vermutung, da die Seitenzahlen beim Stichwortverzeichnis, wenn es einspaltig ist, angezeigt werden. Eventuelle sind die Daten/Stichworte für die Zeilenlänge bei zwei Spalten zu lang/zu viel? Allerdings läuft es bei Zysten, weil es das Wort oft gibt, auch wieder so seltsam.
Danke schon mal für's Schauen!
Villeroy wrote:Can you upload a copy of the document instead of a picture?
How to mask confidential content ...
---------------------
Kannst Du eine Kopie des Dokuments hochladen anstelle einer Abbildung davon?
So kannst Du jeglichen Inhalt maskieren, indem Du alle Buchstaben durch X ersetzt.
Bearbeiten: Suchen&Ersetzen...
[Mehr Optionen]
Reguläre Ausdrücke = An
Suchen: [:alpha:]
Ersetzen: X
[Alles ersetzen]
Attachments
BUCH_BIOCODE_neu_05_2020K.odt
(88.15 KiB) Downloaded 349 times
Antje2000

Post by Antje2000 »

Super Idee. Probiere ich mal. Danke!

RoryOF wrote:My point is that one must generate an Index (or a Table of Content)in a page or area where the columns are already defined, using the option in the dialog to insert columns and it should be formatted to fit the space available.

If the Index (or Table of Contents) is generated on a full size page, and that page later converted to columns, the index is wrapped to fit the columns, but with problems as you have shown. So generate your Index using the columns option on the generation dialog.

Edit: Corrected to clarify how to generate an index using columns. My memory was incorrect in earlier posting. 
 Edit: It may also be that in your Index generation dialog you have too many tabs entered - remove these if so, 
Antje2000

Post by Antje2000 »

Edit: I will repeat: this is an English-speaking forum. If you post in another language again, I will lock the topic. Those are the forum rules. If you want to post in German, just use the German forum.
-- MrProgrammer, forum moderator 
So, habe das mit den 2 Spalten bei den Seiteneinstellungen gemacht, beim Verzeichnis nur 1 Spalte angelegt, weil er sonst 4 Spalten macht, und habe das gleiche Ergebnis wie vorher. :?
RoryOF wrote:My point is that one must generate an Index (or a Table of Content)in a page or area where the columns are already defined, using the option in the dialog to insert columns and it should be formatted to fit the space available.

Antje2000

Post by Antje2000 »

I thank you all very much for all your help. I could solve the problem with the help of the German forum. An old problem/bug. I created a new document and now the index is as it should be. Let's see how long... :D :lol:
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Antje2000 wrote:I thank you all very much for all your help. I could solve the problem with the help of the German forum. An old problem/bug. I created a new document and now the index is as it should be. Let's see how long... :D :lol:
Ich kann Dich auf keinem Forum finden. Welches Forum? Welcher bug?
-----------
I can't find you on a German forum. Which forum? Which bug?
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice