[Solved] Creating labels from spreadsheet database

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
gianfrancs

[Solved] Creating labels from spreadsheet database

Post by gianfrancs »

Hi. I am having some difficulty creating mailing labels from a spreadsheet of my clients. I have successfully made a database of the spreadsheet, and I input the information to create the labels. The problem is they are not printing the individual information for each client in the spreadsheet. All I am getting in both the print preview or the printed version is:

<FName> <LName>
<address>
<city><state><zip>

It prints out exactly as seen on every single label. What am I missing?

:crazy:
Last edited by MrProgrammer on Fri Aug 14, 2020 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged ✓ [Solved]
openoffice 4.1.1 windows 7 Pro
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: Creating Labels from spreadsheet database

Post by Villeroy »

Open the attached document. It is connected to the "Bibliography" database which is shipped with your office suite.
When you are going to print the document, you will be asked if you want to print a serial letter. Answer Yes.
Then you can decide if you want to print all records, filtered or selected records and if you want to print to a file or to a physical printer.
---------------
How I created this:
Hit F4 to open the data source window.
Select table "biblio" of database "Bibliography".
Drag grey column headers into the document.
Save as Open Document Text (*.odt).
----------------
Same thing with labels created by the label wizard: http://forum.openoffice.org/en/forum/do ... hp?id=8714
Attachments
biblio.merge.odt
(9.26 KiB) Downloaded 379 times
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
gianfrancs

Re: Creating Labels from spreadsheet database

Post by gianfrancs »

I thank you, that worked beautifully. I had completed every step except the save and print. I was going straight to print which gave me only the blank pages.
openoffice 4.1.1 windows 7 Pro