[Solved] Permanently change text colour

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
zafnat

[Solved] Permanently change text colour

Post by zafnat »

Hi, Please help, I really want to do this editing and ghost writing over my friends work for him but I'm having to pre select a different colour or highlight and change every time they can see what changes I make. Its a right BALL-ACHE!!! Can't I "fix" the colour I choose? Seems such a simple thing to do. I remember trying to find this option about 10 years ago to avail. Fingers crossed, Praying there is an answer, thanking you in advance xx
Last edited by robleyd on Mon Jul 13, 2020 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Tagged [Solved]
OpenOffice 4.1.7 on windows 10
RoryOF

Re: ?permanently change text colour

Post by RoryOF »

Try turning on /Edit /Changes /Record and /Edit /Changes /Show.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
zafnat

Re: Permanently change text colour

Post by zafnat »

Ah interesting thank you. I have a sneaky feeling the other user will not see them though; when the point is that he does :(
Villeroy
Volunteer

Post by Villeroy »

Tools>Options... Writer>Changes
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

zafnat wrote:Ah interesting thank you. I have a sneaky feeling the other user will not see them though; when the point is that he does :(
Those settings are saved with the document, so when receiving the edits your friend should see the same as what you see when saving. (The color for edits may be different, but distinctive.)

Also, instead of formatting your edits again, the way to accept or reject suggested changes is by way of right clicking each change. Can also be done from a dialog found in the edit - changes menu.
zafnat

Post by zafnat »

Villeroy - YESSSS!!! this is what I am talking about ;) Keme I think that's going to useful at his end hopefully - Thank you all, both the record changes and having set the author to underline in magenta. We are in business! So happy. Thank you all so much, BIG SMILES
zafnat

Re: [Solved] Permanently change text colour

Post by zafnat »

yes solved, thanks goodness this editing job is now so much easier, You guys are the best xx