[Closed] Multiple copies of Text Box in pdf-file

Writing a book, Automating Document Production - Discuss your special needs here
dreamquartz

[Closed] Multiple copies of Text Box in pdf-file

Post by dreamquartz »

NOTE; moved on 02/10/2020 from "Advanced Uses" to basic "Writer" Forum
Hello everyone,

Looking for some guidance to create a pdf-file, that is exported from a Writer document, where Text Boxes are holding the same content.
There is information on the different sites, but nothing appears to work with LO 6.4.0.3.

I have a Writer document with 4 copies of the same information, to be filled out by the User.
The User does not have access to Writer or anything of that sort.
The only thing that the User has is a simple pdf-reader and a printer.

The need is therefore to create a fillable pdf-form where information is filled out once and automatically copied to the other Text Boxes. This is a feature that is available with Adobe Acrobat.

I can create the form in Writer, but cannot copy and past the Text Boxes from the toolbar 'Form Design', which much hold the same content.
The option provided by Writer, using fields (Insert->Field->More Field [Ctrl+F2]), appears the User to require to use Writer to fill out the fields.
I am finding that when the fields are added to Writer, they are not converted into fields that can be filled out in an exported pdf-file.

I have the feeling I am missing something.

Thanks in advance,

Dream
LO 7.x, HSQLDB 2.7.x & Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.
Hagar Delest

Re: [Closed] Multiple copies of Text Box in pdf-file

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi,

I see you've tagged the topic closed. Have you managed to do it?
I've to admit that I tried (only briefly) after viewing your post and couldn't find any way to do it. I thought someone would perhaps reply.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
dreamquartz

Re: [Closed] Multiple copies of Text Box in pdf-file

Post by dreamquartz »

Sorry,

Nothing does work here.
This appears to be one of the limitations of creating a fill-able form in Writer, and saving it as a pdf-file.

Dream
LO 7.x, HSQLDB 2.7.x & Ubuntu 22.04 LTS.