Label Format Save location

Using them, Making them , Finding them

Label Format Save location

Postby stanheer » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:12 am

Before I understood anything, I created a new Label Format for an Avery label 5689, which is not in the Avery list. I saved as Brand "Avery 5689", Type "User". Now that I understand the organization structure a little better, I would like to change this to Brand "User", Type "Avery 5689", or add it to the Avery list. How/can I do this? I do not see an option to delete a Label Format. Where are these templates(?) stored? They do not appear in the Options/Paths/Templates list. Are they actually templates (.ott)? I know I could just save a new one with the right names, but I would rather do it right. Plus, my curiosity has been piqued. Thanks.
Open Office 4.1.2 on Windows 7
stanheer

Re: Label Format Save location

Postby John_Ha » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:22 pm

I think it is somewhere in the User Profile.

About the only thing you can do is reset the profile - see Resetting the user profile which gets rid of it. Keep on checking as you copy back the old profile until it reappears - it's in the last thing copied back.

Let us know if you find it.
AOO 4.1.6, Windows 7 Home 64 bit

See the Writer Manual, the Writer FAQ, the Writer Tutorials and the Writer guide.

Remember: Always save your Writer files as .odt files. - see here for the many reasons why.
John_Ha
Volunteer

Return to Templates