A Curated Collection of Templates?

Using them, Making them, Finding them
Renaissance_Man

A Curated Collection of Templates?

Post by Renaissance_Man »

Good morning to all!

I have been a user of OpenOffice for more years than I can remember at the moment. IMHO, it is the sine qua non of office productivity suites! :bravo: The fact that it is open source and so passionately supported by its community of users only makes it sweeter.

This morning, I was installing some templates I had acquired from a site when it occurred to me to check out the collection of templates and extensions made available through Apache OpenOffice. I was gob smacked when I discovered that there are a bit more than 25,000 templates available for the 4 applications that comprise the OpenOffice Suite! :o

I seem to remember that, quite some time ago, collections of templates were available to be downloaded. Looking at the template collection now and after running some searches, it appears as though there are no bundles of templates available at least from the 'official' OpenOffice template site. Is there someone here on the forum that would be kind enough to take the time and explain to me why well curated and community reviewed template packs (for lack of a more apt description) are not being offered? If it is a matter of not having a volunteer, or group of volunteers, to start and oversee the curation of OpenOffice templates, I am a retired Tier I, networking support technician with technical writing skills and better than average organizational skills (not to toot my own horn) and as it happens I am looking for a project to undertake that will help keep me from developing a severe thumb twiddling habit and turning into a couch potato that cannot miss 'my stories'!

So what say my fellow OpenOffice supporters to my idea? :idea: I will need the support of some of you at least to help with the curation of the templates and deciding how to divide and package them to be downloaded. I will most definitely need the support of the command team from OpenOffice for some documentation to begin with and then a dialog about packaging the templates (because I'm not all that keen on downloading 25K+ worth of templates - Although I will if needed)

Thanks for reading my post and please don't be shy or standoffish in sharing your thoughts and perspectives! :geek:
OpenOffice 4 on Linux Mint 18.3 using Cinnamon desktop
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: A Curated Collection of Templates?

Post by Zizi64 »

Just a tip:

You can browse the templates by category on the template site of the LibreOffice:

https://extensions.libreoffice.org/templates
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
Renaissance_Man

Re: A Curated Collection of Templates?

Post by Renaissance_Man »

I thank you for the tip! Such information is always good to know.
OpenOffice 4 on Linux Mint 18.3 using Cinnamon desktop