[Solved] An "invoice" sample

Using them, Making them, Finding them
johne53

[Solved] An "invoice" sample

Post by johne53 »

I'm using OpenOffice 4 (mostly the word processor). Last week I did some work for a company who've now asked me to submit an invoice to them!!

I figured there might be some kind of invoice template (or sample) that I could use as a starting point. But when I looked under Templates I found a few business card samples but it was mostly empty. Does anyone know if there's anything downloadable? And if so, how would I go about getting it?
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 4.1 on Windows 7
RoryOF

Re: An "invoice" sample

Post by RoryOF »

Try this search
https://templates.openoffice.org/en/sea ... ry=invoice

Double click on the template of choice to download it, then double click on the downloaded file to install the template.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
johne53

Post by johne53 »

Many thanks for the quick reply. The downloaded file was a zip file and I tried to unzip the contents to "C:\Program Files\OpenOffice 4\share\samples". However, Windows wouldn't let me access that folder Whreabouts do I need to unzip it to?
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Ah! Internet Explorer strikes again! IE often silently renames to their generic type. Outside of OO rename the file to .ott , then double click it and OO will install the template.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
johne53

Post by johne53 »

Gosh, that's really surprised me! I've used Internet Explorer for years and never knew it to do that (although I've often seen this kind of thing with Apple's Safari).

Anyway, your suggestion worked - so thanks again...