Template for new page

Using them, Making them, Finding them
ladysouth770

Template for new page

Post by ladysouth770 »

MacOSSierra - OpenOffice Writer. This has been working properly for about a year.

Recently, I downloaded an attachment in an email - word table - next I had the print review. Closed that doc and was finished with it.

Next time I wanted to use Open Office, the "new page" function would not open a normal, regular full size document - it opened and
continues to open in the print preview mode. I have tried all possible ways to open a new document, I have followed instructions
to reset to default. After I try each new thing, I shut down the computer and restart.

I did see a note somewhere in all my searching for a solution that there was some sort of problem with Sierra and Open Office -
not compatible any longer?

Any way this glitch can be fixed? Unable to use Open Office because of this problem.
acknak

Re: template for new page

Post by acknak »

Greetings and welcome to the community forum!

If OO suddenly starts acting strangely, it can often be cured with a fresh OO settings profile. This just means exiting OO, renaming (or removing) the folder where OO stores all its settings, then restarting OO. It will then create a new settings profile folder.

For details, see: [Tutorial] The OOo user profile
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23