[Solved] Changing a template to landscape orientation

Using them, Making them, Finding them
esotericvision

[Solved] Changing a template to landscape orientation

Post by esotericvision »

Hi, First time with OpenOffice. I have an Avery template for business cards (for Word) that i want to use with OpenOffice. I need to change it to landscape since that's how I'll be printing the the business cards. I've tried to edit the template but i find that the page behind the borders will change to landscape but NOT the borders on the top layer. I assume there's an easy solution but i just haven't found it. Any assistance would be appreciated. Best, Ben
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Sun May 28, 2017 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Open Office 4.1.3 , Windows 10
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Re: Changing a template to landscape orientation

Post by jrkrideau »

Can you give us a link to the Avery template? It sounds like a problem that is specific to the template not a more generic AOO problem.
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04
keme
Volunteer

Post by keme »

Some templates for Word will look fine with Writer. One difference between the two wordprocessors is the handling of spacing. If you have a template where positioning is important, using a template made for the other application will normally not work as intended.

Rather than using a template, I prefer to create this kind of document from scratch. Briefly: start with a blank document, insert table, adjust row heights and column widths and untick "Fit to size" for row height. You may need additional adjustment for the first and last columns/rows, to account for printer minimum margins.
Apache OO 4.1.12 and LibreOffice 7.5, mostly on Ms Windows 10
esotericvision

Post by esotericvision »

thanks. i was at the point of creating it from scratch anyways! appreciate the info.
Open Office 4.1.3 , Windows 10