I need a template used for every subsequent page

Using them, Making them, Finding them
GeneralDrillhamster

I need a template used for every subsequent page

Post by GeneralDrillhamster »

I'm pretty new to Libreoffice, but I'm trying to make a template where there is a title that says "TEMP" in a particular size and font, and then at the bottom, a series of hardware specs that will be filled out by hand later (Type, Polar Pattern, Price, etc). I found that using the footer for the specs works perfectly as I go to a new page because I don't edit those, but if I used ("Temp") as a header, then attempt to edit it for each different page, it changes for every single page. So, I'd rather just have each subsequent page pull from a template that I can edit as I go, rather than header/footer.

It's probably a super simple fix, and I tried reading into it and got a little confused. Any help would be much appreciated!
Libreoffice Version: 5.1.0.3 (x64)
acknak

Re: I need a template used for every subsequent page

Post by acknak »

Greetings and welcome to the community forum!

Sorry, but no. This isn't something that Writer supports. The page header/footer text is stored as part of the page style and then applied to every page that uses that page style. If you need to enter different text on every page, you have to do it manually: add a text frame and type in the text for each page.

If might help if you can tell us more about what you're doing. There may be another approach to do what you want.
 Edit: PS: 
There is a way to get different content into the page header, but it's somewhat convoluted and I'm not convinced there's any advantage over doing it manually. If you want to try it, just ask.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

I think what is needed is a First Page style, followed by Default, which carries a frame, as acknak suggests.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
GeneralDrillhamster

Post by GeneralDrillhamster »

I've attached a picture showing what I want for every page. I just wanted the Title to be a consistent font so I can quickly delete and replace it with the name of particular microphone. The large white area will just hold pictures of the microphone, frequency response, and cardioid patterns.
 Edit:  I know I can just copy and paste this on every page, and although yeah, that's quick, there are other applications I would want to use something similar to this. 
Attachments
Screen Shot 12-03-16 at 06.29 AM.PNG
Screen Shot 12-03-16 at 06.29 AM.PNG (9.99 KiB) Viewed 5012 times
Libreoffice Version: 5.1.0.3 (x64)
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

For such use, I think the AutoText feature is a better bet. See: [Solved] Daily Travel Journal - template.

Please add [Solved] at the beginning of the title in your first post (top of the topic) with the edit button if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
acknak

Post by acknak »

I manage this sort of thing with a paragraph style. The style contains all the text format settings and can also provide the page break to start a new page. All I have to do is type the text and double-click to apply the style (or use a keyboard shortcut). I don't know of any way to make that more automatic with OO Writer.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

I guessed that a kind a table would be convenient to have always the same formatting: a standard paragraph for the title and then a table for the specs and the pictures.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10