Where to Store Downloaded Templates for Easy Access??

Using them, Making them, Finding them
Nala

Where to Store Downloaded Templates for Easy Access??

Post by Nala »

Hey all,

One other question about Templates that I am not clear about.

When downloading templates for use in Open Office, is there a preferred folder or location to store them so that I can access them easily when I start OO and clicking on the TEMPLATES icon? You know, I want to be able to browse them, preview them and so on.

If I download let say 50 templates for use in all different apps within OO and store them in a folder on my main drive called OO TEMPLATES. When I open up OO and the main dialog box opens where the TEMPLATES icon is able to be selected, will I be able to choose the "MY TEMPLATES" option and be able specify the location of the folder and then be able to browse them and look at them before use like I want? Will that location be stored so that when I add new templates, they too will be able to be viewed without me going in and specifying the location and such?

You know what I mean? I just want to know the way and location to store the templates so that I can most easily use and view them.

Thanks all.

Nalajr
OOo 3.0.X on MS Windows Vista
RusselB

Re: Where to Store Downloaded Templates for Easy Access??

Post by RusselB »

Where you download the templates to is up to you.
However, after you have downloaded and installed a template, then that template will reside in your user profile.
The specific location is dependent on your system, and the location is displayed by going to Tools -> Options -> OpenOffice -> Paths
OpenOffice 4.1.7, LibreOffice 7.0.1.2 on Windows 7 Pro, Ultimate & Windows 10 Home (2004)
If you believe your problem has been resolved, please go to your first post in this topic, click the Edit button and add [Solved] to the beginning of the Subject line.
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Where to Store Downloaded Templates for Easy Access??

Post by Bill »

If you want to store your templates in a folder separate from the user profile, you can add paths to other folders by going to Tools > Options > OpenOffice > Paths, selecting the Templates path and clicking the Edit button. This opens a dialog where you can add paths to other folders containing templates.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04