Replicating page design

Using them, Making them, Finding them
jza

Replicating page design

Post by jza »

Hi I want to know how can I replicate a page design with OpenOffice. Basically I want to have a letterhead design similar to this one:
http://storage.designcrowd.com/design_i ... _image.jpg

That every page has that header and body design.

I have tried to attach it to the header/footer but I insert new pages and didnt' work. I wonder if I did anything wrong. I am including the template.

I am afraid the replication feature of a header 'fails' when the image is positioned 'to page'.
Attachments
oooestemplate.odt
header not repeating on new pages.
(60.02 KiB) Downloaded 282 times
AOO 4.1.1 on Arch Linux
acknak

Re: Replicating page design

Post by acknak »

The only way (that I know of) to replicate content on new pages is to make it part of the header or footer content. So the header graphic would be anchored to a paragraph in the header or footer.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

A quick thought - it is 0415 here. Anchor your illustrations to Paragraph and place the anchors in the page Header or Footer. Remember that OpenOffice doesn't like printing to the exact paper edge - there are workarounds.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
jza

Post by jza »

RoryOF wrote:A quick thought - it is 0415 here. Anchor your illustrations to Paragraph and place the anchors in the page Header or Footer. Remember that OpenOffice doesn't like printing to the exact paper edge - there are workarounds.
I think thats where the confusion happened, I originally add it to the header. But since I want it to be anchored to the paragraph, I guess it lost its "header properties".

Which workarounds can I do for anchoring to the top of the page?

I also have been thinking on having it inserted as a macro. Wonder if someone already wrote something like that.

A third choise is to render as a complete image and use it as a page background image.
AOO 4.1.1 on Arch Linux
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Start again with a blank page, where you can see the Header or Footer. With your cursor in the Header, /Insert /Picture, anchor as paragraph. Do this for both images, pulling the image to the desired location. No need for any macro, or for anchoring to page. You need to play around with this: it will work.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
acknak

Post by acknak »

Here, try this one.

I moved changed both graphics to anchor "to paragraph" and moved the anchor into the header/footer, and set the wrap to "through, in background".

Both graphics repeat on each new page--although Writer seems to want to display the footer graphic on top of the text (but it's ok in the page preview).
Attachments
oooestemplate_acknak.odt
(65.08 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23