Template file path

Using them, Making them , Finding them

Template file path

Postby jkipfer » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:10 pm

I'm having problems with using templates that were converted from MS Office 2003 Student Teacher Version (Word and Excel) to Writer (2.4.1). I'm on XP SP2.

I used the Wizard to convert documents and templates and the log file at the end indicated that all files were successfully converted, and all the names looked correct.
I set the path in the Options, but when I go to file - new - templates only a small portion of the templates display. Moreover, the ones that are there don't have the correct names. (the file called Transmittal is really the Outline Specification document). However, if I search through Windows to the server location where the converted files exist - they are all there with correct names. I can open them in Writer and they appear fine.
How do I get the templates to display correctly in the templates list - as they do in Windows Explore? I can't find anything that addresses this in the help or these forums.

Many Thanks,

Jason
OOo 2.4.X on Ms Windows XP
jkipfer

Re: Template file path

Postby Hagar Delest » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:33 pm

Try to save them through the template dialog instead: [Tutorial] Creating a new default template.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
AOO 4.1.7 on Xubuntu 20.04 and 4.1.5 on Windows 10 (with winPenPack port).
Hagar Delest

Return to Templates