Edit Templates Color

Using them, Making them, Finding them
Digitalnamshub

Edit Templates Color

Post by Digitalnamshub »

http://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Editing_a_template

This wiki page describes a Edit choice on a drop down list from a Commands button. I do not have this edit button. I have Import, Export, Printer Settings, Update, and Set as Default.

I have also tried to edit under the Style and Formatting menu, but this does not seem to effect the Template, only what the user adds to the background.

Specifically, I want to edit the colors on the template 'Technical Polygon' under the 'Presentation Background Folder'

Thanks in advance
DN
OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows 7
acknak

Re: Edit Templates Color

Post by acknak »

Digitalnamshub wrote:... Specifically, I want to edit the colors on the template 'Technical Polygon' under the 'Presentation Background Folder' ...
There is no "Edit" under the Command button because you are not allowed to edit a template installed with OO.

So, make a copy of the template in your own personal template area:
Click on the template you want to edit and drag it--while also pressing the Ctrl key to make a copy--and drag the template into "My Templates" folder at the top of the list.

Now if you click on the new copy of the template under "My Templates" you should have the Edit option under the Command button.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
Digitalnamshub

Post by Digitalnamshub »

Thanks. Now I have the Edit button. Much appreciated.

As to changing the color, it seem the 'Style and Formatting' menu does not change the colors of the Template border, I have tried both Background and Background Objects. Where is this option found?

Thanks in Advance
DN
Hagar Delest

Post by Hagar Delest »

What border exactly?
Can you upload a sample file showing what you want to modify (see How to attach a document here)?
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Digitalnamshub

Post by Digitalnamshub »

This is the Technical Polygon Template. I want to change the border colors. Sorry it is a png, but the templates are too large to upload here

Thanks in Advance
DN
Attachments
Technical Polygon Template.png
Technical Polygon Template.png (62.72 KiB) Viewed 6468 times
acknak

Post by acknak »

The slide border in the "Technical Polygon" template is just an image--there's no way to change the color other than to use a different image.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23