[Solved] Install template...How do I open it in OpenOffice

Using them, Making them, Finding them
Scotty5150

[Solved] Install template...How do I open it in OpenOffice

Post by Scotty5150 »

I finally got the basic resume template installed into Open Office. I open File...New...Templates and Documents. Basic-resume is listed in the Title box. It has that puzzle symbol. I click it then click Open. The Extension Manager box opens and basic-resume.oxt is listed. Then a smaller box saying "That version is already installed." I click ok or cancel which does not matter its already installed. It is an endless loop because I end up right back where I started. Opening File and New again, etc. What am I doing wrong?
Last edited by thomasjk on Sun Jul 21, 2013 5:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Mark thread [Solved] and add green checkmark
Open Office 3.4.1
Windows 8
thomasjk
Volunteer

Re: Install template...How do I open it in OPenOffice

Post by thomasjk »

Where did you get this resume file from? This sounds like an extension which is different from a template file. The .oxt is for an extension.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
Bill
Volunteer

Post by Bill »

The two resume templates I found on the Extensions site were files, not extensions. IE downloaded them with the .zip file name extension and Firefox downloaded one with the .odt file name extension and the other with the .ott file name extension. I couldn't find a basic-resume extension. The basic-resume may be just a template file, not an extension. Try changing the file name extension from .oxt to .ott.
AOO 4.1.14 on Ubuntu MATE 22.04
Scotty5150

Post by Scotty5150 »

When you open Office then Templates it gives you a link to Get more templates online...I saved the zip as .ott. I must have misread another post. I got it to work and really appreciate the feedback.
Open Office 3.4.1
Windows 8