Table border color in template

Using them, Making them, Finding them
emf

Table border color in template

Post by emf »

Since I've been using white text on blue background in Windows and in OOo, and since there is no option for Color: Automatic in Paragraph Style: Table, and since I rarely print a document while I spent a long time working on it, I would like when I create a new table to have white border. (I'll use a macro to change it's color when it's time to print.)

However, if in

Styles and Formatting > Table > Modify > Borders

I set:

Line arrangement: Set all four borders

and

Color: White

when I create a new table it still has black borders.

What I would like to do is to make my default template create by default tables with white borders. How do I do it?

Also, does anybody know why they haven't yet set as the option

Color: Automatic

for table borders? Is there something that makes it very complicated?
OO 4.1.6 in 64 bit Windows 10
emf

Re: Table border color in template

Post by emf »

Also, can someone explain to me why Bug 23655

https://issues.apache.org/ooo/show_bug.cgi?id=23655

has been closed as invalid? I have difficulty following the reasoning. At one point it says:

"With the given description, this is not an issue at all:
In Tools/Options/Appearence, you configure the color to be used for the help lines, when the table cells don't have a border."

Checking Table > Table Boundaries and specifying, say, in Options > OpenOffice.org > Appearance > Table Boundaries: Gray helps if the table has no boundaries, but still what I would like to have is the table cells to have border: the automatic color, so it will look white on the screen and black on paper. The guy does not consider this argument, and it is a significant issue for me.
OO 4.1.6 in 64 bit Windows 10