Suspected Bug...Chosen default Template ignored?

Using them, Making them, Finding them
hiver

Suspected Bug...Chosen default Template ignored?

Post by hiver »

Hello,

I am helping a friend setup OpenOffice 3.2.1 on a Mac running Leopard (10.5).

I am trying to setup a (modified) standard document template, so that when she presses 'new document', the (modified) template is used.

I have followed this explanation thoroughly:
http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... =71&t=1161

But here is the problem:

After following the instructions, all seems well and the template is used as basis when I press 'new document'. BUT....when I close down Openoffice manually, and re-open it (simulating a reboot of the computer) - the new default template is NOT used.

I have tried several times, but everytime Openoffice is closed and re-opened - it forgets the new default template.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks, Mads
OpenOffice 3.2.1 on Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard) + LibreOffice 3.4.4 on Ubuntu 11.10
Hagar Delest

Re: Suspected Bug...Chosen default Template ignored?

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

If you customize the GUI, does it stick when you simulate the reboot too?
You can try to reset your OOo user profile but don't transfer your personal data during the welcome process (if you had 2.x before), configuration files from the former version might corrupt the new profile. Then re-import your default template.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
acknak

Post by acknak »

hiver wrote:... I am helping a friend setup OpenOffice 3.2.1 on a Mac running Leopard (10.5). ...
Any reason you're not using the last stable release, OOo 3.3?

I don't know if this is due to a bug, or whether OOo fixes the problem, but it always seems prudent to me to confine any troubleshooting to the most recent release.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
hiver

Post by hiver »

acknak wrote:
hiver wrote:... I am helping a friend setup OpenOffice 3.2.1 on a Mac running Leopard (10.5). ...
Any reason you're not using the last stable release, OOo 3.3?

I don't know if this is due to a bug, or whether OOo fixes the problem, but it always seems prudent to me to confine any troubleshooting to the most recent release.
Thanks for your response. I wanted to install the newest version, but have an 'unlucky' combination of an older PPC driven Macbook, and the need for Danish Language support....so according to http://www.openoffice.org/download/othe ... ested-full - I need 3.2.1.....but would be great to run 3.3 if possible?

Thanks, M
OpenOffice 3.2.1 on Mac OS 10.5 (Leopard) + LibreOffice 3.4.4 on Ubuntu 11.10