Using Avery Business Card Stock C32011

Using them, Making them, Finding them
Rod Warnock

Using Avery Business Card Stock C32011

Post by Rod Warnock »

I am trying to use Using Avery Business Card Stock C32011. I have been able to use format and import my business card from a Photoshop Image and have it ready to print the 10 cards per page. Problem is that in Format I can't see how to have a 1 cm margin at Bottom. Printing on A4 paper as a test clips the bottom two card images.
Any suggestion would be a great help
Thanks
Rod
OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows 7
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: Using Avery Business Card Stock C32011

Post by TheGurkha »

What happens if you use that card stock template and create a new document just with some text in it, ignoring the image for now?
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
Rod Warnock

Post by Rod Warnock »

I am only using Avery Business Card Stock C32011to print to. I am having trouble using the Business Cards template I used New then Business Cards then Format. It is here that I can't set a 1cm. However on a plain paper print on A4 I should have more accurately said the card images all fit on the A4 sheet OK but the text which is three lines does not appear on the bottom two card areas despite there being ample space to do so. Perhaps the printer is not printing this part?? The actually Business Card Image I did in Photoshop in a high key bird flight on almost white background with three lines of text below the bird. The practice print on A4 comes out as above despite the Print Preview showing all 10 cards with text.
Hope the above is clearer
Thanks for the reply
Rod
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

The idea with the templates is that you don't need to adjust them at all. I looked at the C32011 template though and it does have the bottom of the last row of cards too close to the bottom of an A4 sheet for most printers to be able to print to. I suspect that the template is incorrectly formed.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
Rod Warnock

Post by Rod Warnock »

Thanks, I will try to achieve a solution via the Labels option as suggested else where in these Forums: http://www.linuxjournal.com/node/1000428
Of course the limiting factor could well be myself !!
Best regards
Rod Warnock
jj7947

Post by jj7947 »

I have printed out the same Avery Business Cards (C32011) and didn't have a problem with the format. Did it work out for you?
OpenOffice 3.3 on Windows 7 Professional
Take a look at How to Trade Penny Stocks