Transcription Template

Using them, Making them, Finding them
newtranscriptionist

Transcription Template

Post by newtranscriptionist »

Hello,
As a new transcriptionist, I need to create a simple template for transcribing, one I can use repeatedly,k of course, and I need clear, step-by-step guidance as to how to do that.

The template must have a one inch margin at the top, bottom, and sides. .99 is fine. I want the margins to stay that way and not go away each time I open OO.
The text, which I will be typing, must be right-justified.
I need to number each page at the bottom, in the center, inside the one inch margin, with Arabic numerals, beginning with Page 1,and I would like the numbering to be automatic, if at all possible. I recently went in manually to enter page numbers, and the person reading my transcription said that every page was numbered 8. I don't know how that happened.
Finally, I need to create two macros, one for Interviewer: and one for Interviewee, so that I do not need to type these words over and over again throughout the various interviews I will be typing.

Hagar or another helpful OO person, thanks so much for replying! Please assume I know nothing. I need each step in these instructions spelled out out for me, as I do not navigate comfortably in OO and have never used Word. I have OpenOffice 3 in Windows 7.
Many thanks.
Open Office Writer 3, Windows 7
Hagar Delest

Re: Transcription Template

Post by Hagar Delest »

newtranscriptionist wrote:Hagar or another helpful OO person, thanks so much for replying! Please assume I know nothing. I need each step in these instructions spelled out out for me, as I do not navigate comfortably in OO and have never used Word.
Sorry but we can't make the work for you!
See:
- How to create a custom template: [Tutorial] Creating a new default template
- How to get page numbers: [Tutorial] Page numbering.
For the dialog, try the autotext: [Solved] Daily Travel Journal - template adapt it to your needs.
If you save in native ODF (.odt), the formatting will stay. Avoid other formats (.doc, .rtf, ...).

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10