[Solved] Inverting an existing template

Using them, Making them, Finding them
avi.kaye

[Solved] Inverting an existing template

Post by avi.kaye »

I was looking for a template of a notebook and found this http://templates.services.openoffice.org/en/node/864 - which is exactly what I need.

But...

I need it for Hebrew text - meaning the red line down the left should be down the right.

Is there an easy way to mirror image an existing template?

Cheers!
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
OpenOffice 3.2.1, Windows 7
acknak

Re: Inverting an existing template

Post by acknak »

Greetings and welcome to the community forum!

Sorry, I don't know of any way to do that. It might be simple to fix, depending on how the template was designed, but the template link isn't working at the moment, so I can't take a look at the template to see for sure.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
avi.kaye

Post by avi.kaye »

Thanks for the greeting :)

There seems to bit of a problem with the templates section, I had to refresh it myself a few times to see them.

Do you know how to get into the template itself and edit it? Maybe I'll start there?
acknak

Post by acknak »

It turns out that the template simply uses an image for the page background. Inverting the image is simple to do with an image editor.

Here's the modified template; you'll probably want to change the default font & language and make some other tweaks (paper size?).
Attachments
White Notebook Paper legal_RTL.ott
(18.13 KiB) Downloaded 290 times
avi.kaye

Post by avi.kaye »

Awesome awesomeness. I mean it - thanks a million for being so quick to help.

Last question :)

How do I edit the template? I looked at this Wiki - http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wik ... a_template - but I don't have 'Edit' in the 'Commands' drop-down menu, just 'Printer Settings' and 'Update'.

Thanks!
acknak

Re: [Solved] Inverting an existing template

Post by acknak »

The simplest way is File > Templates > Edit, although that path requires you to deal with file names--it doesn't show the template title.

If you use File > Templates > Organize, you have to have a template selected before the "Edit" option appears under "Command". In the dialog there are two panels, one for documents and one for templates. In the templates panel, double-click on "My Templates" to see a list of templates you've installed.

To install a downloaded template from the Organize dialog, select a template folder (for example, "My Templates"), then Commands > Import Template and choose the downloaded file.

Installed templates will show up in the organize dialog and under File > New > Templates and Documents, and under "Templates" on the OOo start screen.