3x5 card template

Using them, Making them, Finding them
michaelb2004

3x5 card template

Post by michaelb2004 »

I need a template that will set up Open Org Writer's screen for 3x5 cards (approx. 7 1/2 x 12 1/2 mm), I want to type information on each of the "cards" then print out using sheets of Avery 3 1/2" x 5" cards. Is there an Open Office Org Writer template for this purpose? Thanks, MichaelB
OpenOffice 3 on Mac 10
acknak

Re: 3x5 card template

Post by acknak »

You can try the built-in labels: File > New > Labels; choose "Avery Letter Size" and "5388 Index Card".

However, OOo assumes you want to fill in the "labels" with data from some kind of database--an address list, for example--and the template you get is not so easy to just type in by hand.

If that doesn't work out for your purpose, just say so. Maybe there is a better alternative.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
JohnV
Volunteer

Post by JohnV »

acknak wrote:However, OOo assumes you want to fill in the "labels" with data from some kind of database--an address list, for example--and the template you get is not so easy to just type in by hand.
Not necessarily. Simply select the Brand & Type, put nothing in the "Label text" box, go to the Options tab and make sure Synchronize is not checked tthen click New Document. Result - blank labels ready to file in.

Need more than one page? Before you fill in the first label do Ctrl+A and Copy. Click to the right of the last label so the cursor is blinking on the right side. Do Ctrl+Enter and Ctrl+V which can be repeated page after page.
RobertSpector

Post by RobertSpector »

On my Mac, I am able to use Microsoft Word and generate what looks like an Avery 5388 template and correct horizontal formatting -- sentence begins but the sentence is vertically centered. I want to format so first sentence is up and to the left, not just top to the left.
NeoOffice 2.2.3 with Mac 10.4