OOo template restricted to single page

Using them, Making them, Finding them
David12846

OOo template restricted to single page

Post by David12846 »

Greetings,

I need to make 110 "Name badges". I'm using "Avery 5395 Name Badges", but the OO template only lets me do ONE PAGE of 8 "Name Badges" :x

I selected File>>New>>Labels.
On the Labels tab I selected:
"Sheet" for the Format.
Brand is "Avery Letter Size".
Type is "5395 Name Badge - White"

The new document opens where I can enter names on 8 "badges". On the bottom "Badge" I hit <Return> multiple times figuring I'd go to the next sheet, but a new page does not appear. I also can not find anything to "ADD" a next page. Am I going to have to do only EIGHT at a time?

I figured "Continuous" Format meant the old fashion fan-fold paper, but I tried it anyway. I did not get options for "5395 Name Badge - White".
OOo 4.1.9 on Ms Windows 7
thomasjk
Volunteer

Re: OO template restricted to single page

Post by thomasjk »

You don't enter the actual names. You put the field names in the first label position and click synchronize to copy the the field names to the other positions. Read this excellent article for some help http://www.freesoftwaremagazine.com/art ... office_org. Once you have the field names click Print and say yes to the from letter prompt.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2
David12846

Post by David12846 »

Field names?!? But I'm not using a database, mailmerge, or a spreadsheet.

Are you saying the ONLY way to put the names of my 110 people on sticky-backed Avery labels is to enter their names into a spreadsheet or database table first?
OOo 4.1.9 on Ms Windows 7
acknak

Post by acknak »

If you really want to do it manually, try this:

File > New > Labels; make your choices, click "New Document"

Edit > Select All

Edit > Copy

Click at the bottom right corner of the page, outside the label boundaries. You should see a tall thin cursor to the right of the last label.

Edit > Paste

Now you should have two pages of empty labels. Paste again for another page, as many as you need.

Enter your addresses.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
thomasjk
Volunteer

Post by thomasjk »

David12846 wrote:Field names?!? But I'm not using a database, mailmerge, or a spreadsheet.

Are you saying the ONLY way to put the names of my 110 people on sticky-backed Avery labels is to enter their names into a spreadsheet or database table first?
What format do you have them in now? If you want to to do it manually you can as described by acknak. The method I suggested is repeatable and far more flexible.
Tom K.
Windows 10 Home version 1803 17134.165
LibreOffice 5.4.7.2