Make images appear on every page

Using them, Making them, Finding them
shuaksky

Make images appear on every page

Post by shuaksky »

I am creating a document template that comprises two images: a background graphic and a colored horizontal bar (I'm using a frame with a background).

I want the two images to appear on every page of the document. But when I lay them out and save as a template, then open a document template, then paste multiple pages worth of text in, the image goes to the end of the document and the bar stays on the front page.

I have tried anchoring the objects to the page, sending them to the back, and played with wrap text. It changes where they land, but I can't get them to repeat on every page.

How can I create a template with an image in the background that will repeat on every page?
OpenOffice 3.2 with MacOS 10.6.7
Zizi64
Volunteer

Re: Make images appear on every page

Post by Zizi64 »

I have tried anchoring the objects to the page, sending them to the back, and played with wrap text. It changes where they land, but I can't get them to repeat on every page.
Do not put the picture directly into a page (or into the background of a page) but you need put the picture into the Default Pagestyle.
Then it will repeated on every page automatically, while you use the Default Pagestyle. (If you will use more Pagestyles, you need put the picture into every used Pagestyles)
I think, you need study the Styles (include the Pagestyles)
Last edited by Zizi64 on Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tibor Kovacs, Hungary; LO7.5.8 /Win7-10 x64Prof.
PortableApps/winPenPack: LO3.3.0-7.6.2;AOO4.1.14
Please, edit the initial post in the topic: add the word [Solved] at the beginning of the subject line - if your problem has been solved.
shuaksky

Re: Make images appear on every page

Post by shuaksky »

Thanks. I'm getting that to work.
OpenOffice 3.2 with MacOS 10.6.7