[Solved - Workaround] Clear formatting

Using them, Making them, Finding them
jlwe

[Solved - Workaround] Clear formatting

Post by jlwe »

Pasting an email into a new document naturally brings the email's formatting with it. I like to have a heading which I wish to be in my chosen format. I used to select the heading and click "clear formatting" to set it to my default. However it persists in going to Times New Roman 12 instead of Comic Sans MS 10.

I have checked my Default Template and that has Comic Sans MS 10 but, interestingly, when I use "clear formatting" in that it also goes to Times New Roman 12. Obviously I can work round this by just changing the format each time but it is annoying me.

Is there something I'm missing about editing the Default Template please?
Last edited by jlwe on Sat Nov 27, 2010 6:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
OOo 3.0.X on Ms Windows XP
Hagar Delest

Re: clear formatting

Post by Hagar Delest »

When pasting from such application, prefer the Paste as unformatted text option (long click in the paste icon or click the little arrow next to it).

When you clear formatting, you reset the text to Default. Use the Apply default formatting or hit Ctrl+M instead.

Please add '[Solved]' at the beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
Bill
Volunteer

Re: Clear formatting [Solved with work round method]

Post by Bill »

jlwe wrote:Pasting an email into a new document naturally brings the email's formatting with it. I like to have a heading which I wish to be in my chosen format. I used to select the heading and click "clear formatting" to set it to my default. However it persists in going to Times New Roman 12 instead of Comic Sans MS 10.

I have checked my Default Template and that has Comic Sans MS 10 but, interestingly, when I use "clear formatting" in that it also goes to Times New Roman 12. Obviously I can work round this by just changing the format each time but it is annoying me.

Is there something I'm missing about editing the Default Template please?
"Clear Formatting" removes all formatting and applies the Default paragraph style. Have you changed the font in the Default paragraph style to Comic Sans MS 10?