[Solved] Template - Subsequent Pages

Using them, Making them, Finding them
Dragonfighter

[Solved] Template - Subsequent Pages

Post by Dragonfighter »

I recently designed a letterhead for a friend. What he wants is a different format (I.E maybe logo placed without rest of header) for pages 2 ff.
How would I accomplish this so that if they wrote a document that went into more pages, the different design would kick in starting at page two?

Thanks,
Kyle
Last edited by Dragonfighter on Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I Thess 5:21
Open Office 3.2 Running on Windows XP Pro SP3
Open Office 3.2 Portable
therabi
Volunteer

Re: Template - Subsequent Pages Differentiated from first.

Post by therabi »

Dragonfighter wrote:I recently designed a letterhead for a friend. What he wants is a different format (I.E maybe logo placed without rest of header) for pages 2 ff.
How would I accomplish this so that if they wrote a document that went into more pages, the different design would kick in starting at page two?

Thanks,
Kyle
Maybe this will help. Download the attached file. Open it in Writer.

The Open Format> Styles and formatting, click on the fourth icon "Page styles". Right click on the LetterHead1 style, select "Modify". On each of the tabs make any needed changes, click OK to close and save the style. Do the same for the LetterHead2 style. Close the Styles and Formatting window. On the header of the first page insert the logo and other header information. On the second page insert the logo where is it wanted.

Use File> Template> Save to save the template so that so that it is reusable. If you wish to use it on other machines save the file and copy it to other machines and follow the same process to make it a template.
LetterHead-temp.odt
Sample letterhead
(8.16 KiB) Downloaded 398 times
HTH
OpenOffice.org v3.3, LibO v3.32 on Ubuntu 10.10 and Win7
Dragonfighter

Post by Dragonfighter »

therabi wrote: Maybe this will help. Download the attached file. Open it in Writer.
<SNIP>
LetterHead-temp.odt
HTH
Thank you so much, that did the trick. When I first read through it I was a bit groggy and it made my brain hurt. But it truly was a straightforward and clear direction and the template...uh...template template made it a snap.
I Thess 5:21
Open Office 3.2 Running on Windows XP Pro SP3
Open Office 3.2 Portable
therabi
Volunteer

Post by therabi »

Dragonfighter wrote: Thank you so much, that did the trick. When I first read through it I was a bit groggy and it made my brain hurt. But it truly was a straightforward and clear direction and the template...uh...template template made it a snap.

Glad it helped. If that solves things for you go to your first post and edit the subject and add [Solved]
OpenOffice.org v3.3, LibO v3.32 on Ubuntu 10.10 and Win7