[Solved] I have downloaded a template. Where do I store it?

Using them, Making them, Finding them
swilliams

[Solved] I have downloaded a template. Where do I store it?

Post by swilliams »

I have successfully downloaded many cool templates from the OOo Template page, but cannot understand where to put them. I'm a newbie running OOo3 on Mac OSX, and as a Mac/MS Office user, I am accustomed to storing templates in a Template Folder, etc. There is even an import function when downloading templates with MS Office, if I remember correctly.

But I cannot find such a Template folder; and the suggestions online/on other threads do not give usable advice. I can open the .ott file, use it, save it, etc.: but I have to double-click on my downloads folder to use it, and can only drag .odt files into the Documents folder withing OOo.

Help? And, for the newbie on a Mac, are there any extension folders for OOo Aqua? At all? Anywhere? Where are there?
I see nothing but the program itself in my Application folder.
Thank you in advance! I'm really trying to covert over to the OOo system - and, as a teacher, I'm also bringing many students with me.
Last edited by swilliams on Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:58 am, edited 4 times in total.
Newbie using OOo 3.2.1 on Macbook with OS X 10.5.8
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: I have downloaded a template. Where do I store it?

Post by Villeroy »

Open it from whereever you stored it.
menu:File>Templates>Save...
This will put your template in the right place where it can be accessed through File>New>Template... and File>Templates>...
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice
swilliams

Re: I have downloaded a template. Where do I store it?

Post by swilliams »

Thanks Villeroy! That was easy! And a lighting fast response!

For my other newbie question: where are the files such as Templates stored?
And what should I do with the .ott files I imported? Trash them after saving via OOo?
Newbie using OOo 3.2.1 on Macbook with OS X 10.5.8
Villeroy
Volunteer

Re: [Solved] I have downloaded a template. Where do I store

Post by Villeroy »

They are all stored in your user profile: http://user.services.openoffice.org/en/ ... 74&t=12426
You can define other/more paths in Tools>Options...General>Paths>Templates>[Edit...]
Please, edit this topic's initial post and add "[Solved]" to the subject line if your problem has been solved.
Ubuntu 18.04 with LibreOffice 6.0, latest OpenOffice and LibreOffice