[Solved] Avoid showing default template styles

Using them, Making them, Finding them
dld521

[Solved] Avoid showing default template styles

Post by dld521 »

Apologies to all if this question has been asked; frankly, I wasn't sure even how to construct a search for it. (I'm new to OOo, so please have pity.)
I have created a custom template and set it as the default in OOo 3.2. It works well. On the formatting toolbar, when I click on the Apply Style drop-down box, all my styles appear, but so do all of the default styles. Is there a setting I can change so that only my styles appear in this box? I know there's a way to have a pop-up box that displays only my custom styles (although I confess that I can't find my way back to it right now), and I can rely on that if need be. On the other hand, it takes up screen real estate, and a more elegant solution, if possible, would be changing the Apply Style box's display.
Thanks in advance. Even if the answer is that it cannot be done, at least I'll save a lot of time trying to figure out a way.
Last edited by Hagar Delest on Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: tagged [Solved].
Don
Open Office 3.2
Kubuntu 10.4
acknak

Re: Avoid showing default template styles

Post by acknak »

Sorry, no, there's no way to change or configure what styles are shown in the toolbar dropdown.

The View > Styles & Formatting window (F11) is configurable.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
franx
Volunteer

Post by franx »

... additional info →
Documentation | OOo3 User Guides | Getting Started | Applying styles
LibreOffice 4.0.4 · WinXP
JohnV
Volunteer

Post by JohnV »

Why not just redefine the default styles in Apply Styles to your desired styles.
Although you can't rename them I assume you could remember how you have defined them.
dld521

Post by dld521 »

[SOLVED, with Franx's workaround] Thanks to all for the quick responses. In response to JohnV, I had realized I could do that, but Writer has lots of styles (e.g., all the heading styles) of types that I do not use at all. I think it would get too confusing, at least until I reprogrammed my head, although it is a good workaround. Franx, thanks for the reference. I think that will end up being the most practical, since I can set the Styles and Formatting pop-up to show only custom styles, and I can anchor it out of my text area. Much appreciated.
Don
Open Office 3.2
Kubuntu 10.4