Spread Sheet to Labels? - Preferably Avery

Using them, Making them, Finding them
ivorykeys87

Spread Sheet to Labels? - Preferably Avery

Post by ivorykeys87 »

I have recently started a part time business which requires me to look up Names, Addresses, City/State/Zip code, and phone number in spreadsheet form (in that order). I list these "leads" 100 per page. I need to be able to transfer the names and addresses into label form so as to quickly print and mail information. Can anyone help me on how to do this? I know there must be a way to transfer the information from one format to the other because FedEx Kinkos was going to do my mailing for me and told me to just bring the names and addresses to them in spreadsheet form. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
open office 3.1 on windows XP
acknak

Re: Spread Sheet to Labels? - Preferably Avery

Post by acknak »

AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
jrkrideau
Volunteer

Post by jrkrideau »

ivorykeys87 wrote:I have recently started a part time business which requires me to look up Names, Addresses, City/State/Zip code, and phone number in spreadsheet form (in that order). I list these "leads" 100 per page. I need to be able to transfer the names and addresses into label form so as to quickly print and mail information. Can anyone help me on how to do this? I know there must be a way to transfer the information from one format to the other because FedEx Kinkos was going to do my mailing for me and told me to just bring the names and addresses to them in spreadsheet form. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
I think acknak has given you information you need but can I suggest that in the long run you might want consider moving that data to a data base (e.g. Base)? It will be a pain to do but once the data is in the database you can do a lot more with it, including such things as much more targeted marketing.
LibreOffice 7.3.7. 2; Ubuntu 22.04
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Post by TheGurkha »

Here's a long page of all kinds of useful stuff to do with labels: Labels Tutorials
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust