Default template won't stick

Using them, Making them, Finding them
mach42006

Default template won't stick

Post by mach42006 »

Greetings...I'm new to the OpenOffice application and community. I am running OpenOffice 3.2 on Snow Leopard, and I am having issues setting a default template. I want a template with 1" margins and Headers and Footers active–simple enough. I followed the process of creating and saving the template, went in to Organize Templates, and set my creation as the default.

It works fine–I can open new text documents all day and they all have the correct formatting–until I quit the application and start it again. Once I quit OpenOffice and restart it, and click on 'New Text Document', it reverts back to the generic formatting (with .79" margins and no headers/footers). I have to go back into the Template Organizer and set my custom template as the default again to get it to work. The template itself is still there, and that is the one and only template I have in the list.

I don't always want to leave OpenOffice running down on my Dock, but I don't want to have to go through this process either after every time I quit. If I have to go in and re-set my custom template as the default every time, I might as well just go to format page and reset my margins and header/footer instead...it kind of eliminates the point of making and setting a default template. Is this something I just have to deal with with OpenOffice, or is it a bug? Thanks!
OpenOffice 3.2 on MacOS 10.6
Hagar Delest

Re: Default template won't stick

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

I remember that thread: [Issue] Retain default template setting upon quitting OOo (Issue 94390). It has been marked as duplicate of another report, closed, but there is a recent comment that shows the problem again...
LibreOffice 24.2 on Xubuntu 24.04 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10