Seeking "French Fold" template

Using them, Making them, Finding them
bernoulli2k

Seeking "French Fold" template

Post by bernoulli2k »

I am looking for a template for Writer that will produce a french fold greeting card, that is, 4 panels printed on one side of 8.5 x 11 inch paper, such that it can be folded twice, resulting in 4 pages.
I would appreciate knowing if this exists, and where to download it.
Thanks in advance...
openoffice3.1 on windows xp sp3
Hagar Delest

Re: Seeking "French Fold" template

Post by Hagar Delest »

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Have you checked the extension page? See the sticky of this forum section: Templates: a dedicated repository in the OOo web site.

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
RoryOF

Post by RoryOF »

Coreldraw has a French fold template when printing, but that is not of use here. When I used the CorelDraw version, I had to use four pages, each A6 in size (I was working to A4 paper). This would mean you should have 4 pages 5.5 x 4.25 inches if working to US Letter. When you have finished your text you will need to invert two of these, then print 4 pages up on a single sheet. A half hour's experimentation will see you sorted as to order and inverting.
Apache OpenOffice 4.1.15 on Xubuntu 22.04.4 LTS
acknak

Post by acknak »

I don't think this is practical in Writer because Writer can't invert and re-order the pages the way you need. You would have to use graphic text boxes for the two upside-down pages, at which point I can't see that Writer is helping much at all. You might as well use OOo Draw.

Ideally, you would create the document with normal pages, then post-process the output to re-order and rotate them for printing, but I can't recommend anything for doing that. Maybe someone else can make a suggestion.
AOO4/LO5 • Linux • Fedora 23
amaloney

Post by amaloney »

------------
Al Maloney
Using OOo_Dev_DEV300 and LO 3.4.1 on Mac OS X 10.6.8
"Velox Versutus Vigilans"