[Solved] Someone post a link to a job application template

Using them, Making them, Finding them
pardot

[Solved] Someone post a link to a job application template

Post by pardot »

i have been looking everywhere for a straight forward job application template I can fill out and print copies of
I'm running win xp and open office 3.1.1
I've tried the openoffice template site and a few others I found on line and while I can find about every thing else I cant find a simple job application
I did find one I could download from a state job site but it can't be modified it seems and it is very specific to the job
I need a template I can use for most any job or one I can modify
or if all else fails some help as to how I can do a work around and modify the one I have
any help will earn you my undieing gratitude and/or my first born son will throw in an arm or a leg if need be
Last edited by pardot on Tue Nov 17, 2009 7:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
OpenOffice 3.1 0n windows xp
TheGurkha
Volunteer

Re: can some one post a link to a job application template

Post by TheGurkha »

I can't imagine that there is such a things as a standard job application - everyone I've ever seen has had rquirements / questions on it specific to the job it refers to.
Ubuntu 14.10 Utopic Unicorn, LibreOffice Version: 4.3.3.2
Gurkha Welfare Trust
Hagar Delest

Re: Can some one post a link to a job application template

Post by Hagar Delest »

See perhaps: [Solved] Where Resume Wizard?

Thanks to add '[Solved]' at beginning of your first post title (edit button) if your issue has been fixed.
LibreOffice 7.6.2.1 on Xubuntu 23.10 and 7.6.4.1 portable on Windows 10
pardot

Re: [solved] someone post a link to a job application template

Post by pardot »

I was not able to find a job app template or master document online anywhere except the one you download to fill out for a state job where I live
And that one was protected against modification.
It took some time but I continued looking online and eventually found a post on a different forum explaining how to unlock the application I had for modification.
And it was as simple as unchecking a check box.
you just had to know where to look
so for any one else looking to modify a protected master document that dosent already know this.
all you do is choose INSERT ..(which is why I never found it as i was trying to modify not insert something).
but you choose INSERT/SECTIONS you will get a list of the sections in the document ..(mine only had one large section)..
choose the section you wish to modify and uncheck the box labeled protect under the heading wright protection
this will even work if the document was pass word protected as mine was
hope this helps someone
also if you downloaded the document or got it off a disc it may be read only if so there is a check box for that in the same place
OpenOffice 3.1 0n windows xp